Thread: Speculation: Is Doug Wilson too attached?
View Single Post
Old
08-16-2009, 11:23 AM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

vCash: 500
Make no mistake as to how hard it is to move vetern players with high salarys in a cap market. We all know DW won't do just any deal as he has certian player(s) he'd want, selling teams may not be ready to move them so patence is required for both sides timeing to match up. As a GM you allways want to get the most in return for players - does this mean DW is over valuing assets and or has become attached to them? History shows he did manage McLaren off the team last season and has made deals for players he wanted in Joe and Boyle. I don't think we paid to much for either at this point in time so i'd have to say he's not over valuing or attached to the players that where moved out.

Don't forget that assets are scouted by other teams and the most of know what's going on with players performance on and off the ice. DW would clearly be selling low with Cheech. Or he could keep him and get his numbers up, proving he's in his prime, and move him for something more in return. I really think cheech would benefit by playing with other players that can set him up more - problem is we have no cap to get that player so we'll probally lose him before the season starts. Given his numbers we'll never get what we could have got for him the year he had all the points, he's probally looked at as a reclaimation project at this point by other GMs.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote