Thread: Larry Brooks: Messier named Special Assistant ...
View Single Post
Old
08-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
From the press release "...carried the team to the s\Stanley Cup..." as if he were playing 1 against 5. I call BS. Matteau doesn't score the OT winners your scenario probably would hve played out. Where's teh blame for leading us in the flustercuck years out of the playoffs? It cuts both ways. Look, I don't particularly like the guy for the reasons I stated previously, that's not going to change.

I grew up watching the Rangers in the mid-60's so I'm not drinking the Edmonton Koolaid - thank you very much. He got paid his millions for the mercenary services. Now go back to Edmonton where you won 5 Cups.
So without Messier we don't get Lowe who was a monster for us that year. We don't beat NJ in game 6. New Jersey goes on to beat Vancouver. And because of Sather and Smith's mistakes it's Messier's fault we were mediocre for 7+ years. Yikes. I'm sorry but I've never met anyone so angry at the front office so much that they'd hate the guy that brought ELITE players over, helped develops Graves, and win us a Cup. Would you rather us not make the trade and not have "11" or "Graves-9" up in the rafters? Good god man, give your head a shake.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote