View Single Post
Old
08-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
I am not totally against Chelios in a Rangers sweater, and I understand the reasoning behind it. But, factor in this is a much changed game, and I am not so certain that and old school player like Cheli is the best candidate to mentor the young guys. Plus, isn't that kind of mentoring what the club is currently playing guys like Redden and Rosy for?

Onto Boullion, Ia actually would rather see him added over Cheli for one reason. I think the core of this club better fits Boullions game. You know, the guys that aren't as talented, but continually outwork the opposition. The small guy that goes into the corners full speed against the larger players and collides with reckless abandon. I see Boullion as an older defensive version of Ryan Callahan if that makes sense. Plus, this club needs a physical specimen on the blueline. And let's face it...Cheli at this stage of the game isn't going to be flattening people. Boullion, may not be the youngest kid on the block, but last season he was still flattening people, and making the defensive zone an unfriendly play for the opposition. To me, that is more important than having an older guy to mentor the youth. More important, becuase the opposition this club is going to face this year has physical players in thier top 6. Need to match that the right way, and have equal physical players on the other side of the ice.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote