View Single Post
Old
08-17-2009, 11:54 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Took him 8 days, but Patrick Kane finally apologized:

Quote:
In his first comments since his Aug. 9 arrest following an altercation with a Buffalo cabdriver, Blackhawks winger Patrick Kane apologized for the incident Monday morning.

Kane, 20, addressed the media with a statement prior to the opening of the 2009 Men's Olympic Orientation Camp at Seven Brides Ice Arena in Woodridge.

"I've been very lucky to achieve every kid's dream of playing in the National Hockey League, let alone for a great organization like the Chicago Blackhawks," said Kane, who was accompanied by Hawks general manager Stan Bowman. "Now I also have a chance to play for my country, a dream come true for myself and also my family.

"I know everyone wants to talk about what happened in Buffalo. As you know the legal proceedings are pending and I cannot discuss the details at this time. Because I put myself ... in the wrong position at the wrong time I've caused a lot of pain for my family, my hometown of Buffalo, the city of Chicago, the Chicago Blackhawks and obviously the great fans we have here in Chicago. And for that part I sincerely apologize. Now it's time for me to move forward. I'm excited to get back to the ice and represent the Chicago Blackhawks and the United States Olympic hockey team."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,3795528.story