Thread: Confirmed with Link: Nicola Riopel signed
View Single Post
Old
08-17-2009, 04:33 PM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
I suppose I should have researched Briere's juniors career a bit more - I was going off of his Versus commercial where he said everyone said he was too small for the NHL

Giroux on the other hand, I know that he barely even got a tryout for an OHL team.

I was comparing Giroux and Riopel because they were both undervalued due to their size. Giroux proved everyone wrong and lit the OHL on fire.... Riopel proved everyone wrong and lit the Q on fire. If Riopel had been 19 or 20 rather than 21 after that MVP in the Q season he would have been a first round pick. The age turned people off.

My point is that he has shown the same determination to prove people wrong that Claude did, and I, for one, think that that goes a longer way than natural born talent or any other factor that makes up an athlete. Hard work > all.

Oh, and, I said I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting, nor would I be dissapointed if he isn't starting. I'm not putting high expectations on him, I am just saying I could see it as a definate possibility.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote