Thread: Larry Brooks: Messier named Special Assistant ...
View Single Post
Old
08-18-2009, 08:23 AM
HoosierDaddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
The Ranger teams during Messier's 2nd tour were train wrecks, which had a hell of a lot more to do with the organization's bad drafting, development, personel moves (UFA signings) and coaching than with Mess as the team captain. When the Space Shuttle blew up - was it the pilot's fault - or the moron that designed the O-rings?

Like someone said - as long as Messier is willing to bust his ass and learn the necessary skills - it's worth giving him a shot. If he's expecting to pull a Brett Hull - it's going to be a disaster for the Rangers. I don't see why it's a bad idea to give him a chance.
Damn, that's not a bad gig at all. Get ALL the credit when you win and NONE when you lose. But to use your Shuttle analogy, the real heroes at the SS program are the army of engineers and grunts that prepare for the mision. I can Captain a rollercoaster, heh, heh.

Had he not returned for a 2nd term he wouldn't annoy me so much. That he thinks he can just point at position at the top and say he wants it is annoying. That his demigod status actually convinces people he's qualified to be a GM after sitting on the beach since his retirement is really annoying. Most of his peers started working on their next phase at lower levels immediately after retirment. Granted, there's no reason that with his stature he shouldn't have a little leverage. I just wish it had been Edmonton.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote