View Single Post
Old
08-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
I am sooo tired of this argument, because it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
It makes perfect sense. Remind me of the last time the Kings made the playoffs? 2001-2002

Quote:
3 full years after Dave Taylor and you're still whining that he left Lombardi with Kopitar, Cammi, Lubo, Garon, Brown, Demitra & Frolov.
And where did that team finish in the standings? 10th place.

Quote:
Take away those 7 players and I'd agree with you that DL was ****** the day he got here, but that's not what happened is it? DL has kept the best of the group,
As He should
Quote:
but to keep complaining about the "previous regime" is just weak trolling. No serious fan can still actually "blame" Taylor after 3 seasons, given the "talent" he brought here, and DL continues to build this team around.
There is a difference between complaining and being realistic. DL inherited an aging 10th place team with shaky goaltending and a weak pipeline. The obvious choice is a rebuild.

You are completely forgetting how ****ed up the infrastructure of this team was. Kevin Gilmore was running Manchester, the prospects weren't developing properly and do remember Pete Demers and the insane number of injuries?

Quote:
I'm curious, how long does DT get the blame? Let's say the Kings do not make the playoffs this year or next (not a stretch of the imagination by any means) - do you still blame DT for 5 years of DL failure? I knew you would...

And DT "didn't draft character players with winning experience." So apparently, no one can win in the NHL unless they won in juniors. That's pure gold. That's right up there with "player ___x____ has a ring, so he would be great to have on the team."

Going into year 4, isn't it time to give DL the credit / blame for what happens with this team?

Here is the question? Do you feel better about this team than you do about the 1997-1998 team? Because they are pretty much in the same position

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000401998.html

I know I do

Last edited by Gentle Ben Kenobi: 08-18-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote