View Single Post
Old
08-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
Thornton is usually the Sharks' 1st center, so Marleau probably draws the lesser defencemen and line matchups. I would think the Habs would want to try and keep it that way. Would adding 10 points (60 - 70) to my statement above make you happy?
I thought he'd be our second line center as well, directly replacing the void Plekanec would leave us with. Therefore he'd draw the lesser defencemen just as he did in San Jose. Let Gomez/Gionta be the first line. With Cammy on his wing, I can't see how Marleau wouldnt find success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Gomez numbers could easily be around 50-60 points as could Marleaus.

Last time i checked, Montreal doesn't have a Joe Thornton he gets to ride shot gun with either. Also, if you combine last years totals they were 129 points. Its far from laughable considering Marleau especially is downgrading substantially and has rarely ever shown capable of actually leading a team himself.

Guys like Michalek, Thornton, Pavelski, and Setoguchi are easily, EASILY an upgrade to what Montreal offers.
We're not asking for Marleau to lead the team. Last year Gomez had a bad year, minor injuries which didn't heal, and a bad Rangers team. He still managed to almost lead the team in points. We've reunited him with a player hes known since he was 14, a hard-worker, and we have enough talented young forwards to compliment him on his other wing as well. If you don't think he gets more than 58 points next year, you're just being a negative-nancy. I can see him hitting 70 points next year, both, easily.

By the way, I take Cammalleri over most of the players you named, so why you say easily, I dont even know...

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote