Thread: Larry Brooks: Messier named Special Assistant ...
View Single Post
Old
08-19-2009, 03:52 PM
HoosierDaddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden Fithful View Post
Yep.... because guaranteeing a victory and almost singlehandedly providing a HUGE victory to get you to the Cup Finals is vastly overrated.......Name another Ranger that has done it since 94......

When Mark left in '97 our team was slowly on the decline anyhow, we are out of the dark ages now.

How long have you been a Ranger fan for? I respect the fact that you don't want to forgive the guy because he chased money, but MSG's management especially Checketts had a ton to do with chasing Mark out of NY. I'm sure you bashed them enough though......

Bottom line is Mark Messier as a player was the best thing to happen to the Rangers in either of our lifetimes (so far), and if he wants to apprentice here so be it, he should be allowed to just like Yzerman and a few others are.
As I remember he just said "we will win." what do you expect him to say? We will lose? There is no denying his contribution, which is what you assume I'm doing. He CONTIBUTED to the team's victory, but there were a lot of individual heroics. Leetch won the MVP for crying out loud. Heck, Zubov led the team in scoring that season, but you want to raise a comment with a bunch of microphones in your face as more important than what happened on the ice.

Anyway, I don't want to comment on your take on the 94 season. I accept you believe he did it all himself. I just respectfully disagree.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote