Thread: Signing
View Single Post
Old
08-21-2009, 12:07 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
I don't know a thing about Goc, not a thing. The folks saying he is good defensively with speed make him sound intriguing. I was a bit bummed at first, because hearing he had a good faceoff percentage, I feel pretty sure he's going to be on the big club, not Milwaukee.

It looks like we're probably going to find a linemate for Erat and Legwand, and our third line, out of what we have. Sigh. Oh well. Time for our prospects to prove they have what it takes. Lots of opportunity in Nashville this year. Hopefully Ward, Jones and O'Reilly and Wilson can do it. Goc sounds like a third liner when that line is set up for defense. Otherwise on the bench and maybe do some penalty kills and defensive zone faceoffs.

We needed a faceoff and defensive zone guy. So if Goc makes the club in that role Poile got something we need at a good price. Guite supposedly has some of the same abilities on defense and faceoffs.

Reminds me of reading an article in Field and Stream magazine admonishing hunters about not wasting good parts from a harvested animal, such as the heart and kidneys and liver. The writer's buddies named his hunting camp concoction "gut pile stew" and said it was really delicious. The Predators are trying to pick over the leavings and make a delicious gut pile stew.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 08-21-2009 at 12:31 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote