Thread: Prospect Info: Final Prospect Rankings - Summer 2009
View Single Post
Old
08-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Barring terrible all-around development or asset management, our defense should be set. Ten out of the top 19 prospects are defensemen, and with Staal+Girardi, we have only 4 spots to fill. Those 10 plus a half dozen lower level prospects should be enough to fill the 4 holes.

The second line could be Higgins - Dubinsky - Callahan and the fourth line would be Byers - Boyle - Soryal/Didi.

The third line should be ok too with Lisin already an NHLer and guys like Werek, Weise, Hagelin, Dupont, Kveton, Doyle, Owens, Campbell, Zaborsky, etc. to fill the two remaining spots. I am sure a pair of them will do it.

I have concerns about the first line though. Will either Anisimov or Stepan develop into a true first line center? Will either Grachev, Kreider or Bourque develop into a true first line winger? The development of those 5 will determine whether we win several Cups or none at all.

I agreed with the selection of a forward (Kreider) with top end potential in this year's draft, but I doubt it's enough up front. I would like to see another forward with top line potential either drafted in 2010 or traded for this season.

Maybe we can deal Rosie + Kotalik at the trade deadline to a Cup contender willing to give up a top forward prospect. These are two good veteran players and if I am the GM going for the Cup this year, I would surrender a top prospect to significantly improve the team's depth both up front and on the blue line.

Last edited by Beacon: 08-22-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote