View Single Post
Old
08-22-2009, 12:28 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Most kids with talent start off playing forward. It's usually a coach or parent who suggests they play defense because of their size and circumstances to the team. My brother got moved to D because he was one of the tallest kids on the team. I was a forward before I moved to D. It's very common. Not as common with say Gardiner who switch at such a critical age in his development. I'm willing to bet most offensive-defensemen played forward for most of their childhood before moving to D.
Yeah you're right. People do move around a lot as kids due to differing team needs and differing growth spurts. I meant late switches. Sbisa and Gardiner were late switches (2 and 1 year prior to the draft, respectively).

But going back to the 2008 draft threads (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=526805), I had it backwards. There's mention of McMillan actually being a D and switching to an F. So this season he was back to D.

And Brittain was the other switch, but he's also a D who moved to F according to Chainey.

So the other guys were the opposite of Sbisa and Gardiner.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote