View Single Post
Old
08-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Aging Goalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Whoopee. Mine too.

On what basis do you think we'll be on "even footing"? Take a look at the number of quality UFA defenseman with offensive capabilities this off-season and next. They aren't a dime a dozen. And every other team knows that. If you want one, you have to be willing to pay the price. Hence Philly gave Anaheim as much as they did for Pronger.
If that is part of your job, I can not fathom how you could be any good at negotiating after reading the next part of your statement.

We will be on even footing because there are teams that HAVE to drop salary. Our group of Dmen got us to the playoffs last year and can do it again this year. We DO NOT have to make changes. Changes would make us better but are not a must do thing. So I guess you are partially right. We are not on even footing. We could actually stand pat and still be fine to make the playoffs with what we have. Given your help I have come to the light that the closer we come to the season the more of an upperhand we will hold in a trade with one of the teams needing to dump salary.

For god sake we have assets for once. Why must everyone continue to act as though all we have is other peoples' garbage like it was in the past.

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote