View Single Post
Old
08-22-2009, 02:53 PM
JacksonGalaxy

vCash: 500
Thanks for all the feedback. I suppose I didn't do too bad for a first timer if Goncharov is the only major issue.

I saw him in the WJC too and came away very impressed. But other than that I haven't seen him play much, and I'm more familiar with the guys in front of him. I think the main reason he's down that low is because most of the guys in front of him are really close to NHL jobs. Goncharov has the upside -- maybe even more than the guys in front of him, but he's got to get to North America eventually. I've read that he wants to come over but until he does, I'm sure if I could put him in the top 3 (among this crop, anyway).

But I'll keep a close eye on him this season. It's a big year for a lot of the defensemen. Ahnelov needs to stay healthy so he can move up to the next level, Summers needs to step it up and perform like a first round pick who's staying for a senior season, and Ross needs to make some noise in the AHL or else he might be buried on the depth chart. If Goncharov remains a solid player in the KHL he could end up overtaking any one of those guys.

Thanks again guys, keep it coming.

JacksonGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote