View Single Post
Old
08-23-2009, 12:25 AM
LAX attack*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
I take it that English isn't your first language? Where in my post did I say he dominated? Easy, I didn't. I said he outplayed him. Also, if you read the posts before, I also said that have a limited viewing of both players. I'm pretty sure that you do too. You can make the argument that it was only one tournament and it would be silly to use it has a measuring stick. Fair enough, but like I said before most of us only have that a few YouTube videos or the media to find out about these players. We put alot of emphasis on watching the WJC. Its the only time you get to see the elite players, and Subban looked like a second round steal and Hickey looked like a questionable number 4 overall pick. Who knows, Hickey could be the best DMan in the game in 5 years, maybe it'll be Subban. No one knows at this point how it will turn out, even if there are those in this thread with the ability to predict the future.
I do firmly believe that the tournament lends itself to flashy skilled players rather than solid substantive players. I do believe that the Kings drafted Hickey with little intention of him becoming an explosive offensive defenesman, but rather, a solid, well-skating, smooth, effective meat-and potatoes 2-way defenseman. I dont think Hickey, due to the way he plays, would benefit from such a tournament.