View Single Post
Old
08-23-2009, 07:19 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
I never said Subban played with Lalonde. However, most people seem to be using stats to say Subban is better than Hickey but you can look at Lalonde's stats for Belleville as a 19 year old and you can see why some people may have an issue with Subban's gaudy numbers. I mean if Lalonde (who isn't a top-prospect) can put up those numbers as a 19 year old what would Hickey have done on the same team as a 20 year old?
Meh, for what it's worth Lalonde played with alot of Belleville's best forwards and they used Subban with the 2nd liners alot of time on even strength.

Also...Lalonde (3rd rounder) is a pretty underrated prospect these days and will be one of the best defenseman in the OHL this season but I do see your point. I do think he's as good offensively as Hickey though...certainly on talent. Defensively, Hickey is more polished right now with or without the sub-par performance at the world juniors.

The other thing is that Subban made alot of the players around him better. I'm not disagreeing that the Bulls were better than the Thunderbirds...but without Subban...the Bulls wouldn't have been the team they were. Yes, they would've still won...probably alot...but offensively they just wouldn't be near as good. He's the PP QB...and well he does a hell of a job with that responsibility. He's also one of our best penalty killers...imagine that eh? A "no defense" defenseman who's a great penalty killer...I wonder if that's why he was named the 2nd best defenseman defensively in the Eastern Conference. Even strength, the guy is a machine...can find any of our faster wingers and with the big ice in Belleville it creates alot of room to work with.

Just kinda how I see things as unbiased I can..Hickey is better but I don't know if he will be better. No one knows that for sure.