View Single Post
Old
08-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Kevin27nyi
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Cycling the puck in roller hockey? No. The best system I played in was a re-group system similar to what the Oilers used in the 80's. You attack as a 4 man unit, if there is no play since there is no offsides you simply wheel back into your own zone and try another 4 man attack. Puck possession is key. The only thing I'd bring from ice hockey is physical play. I stopped playing roller about 4 years ago but the 1 thing I learned very quickly is the most skilled roller hockey players hate to get hit or play physical. They are out there to show off and when somebody can shut them down early on and control the game they lose interest. Roller hockey is an individual sport where guys can show off their toe drags and big slap shots, the way to beat that is to play a team oriented style and eliminate the fancy BS that happens in the sport. Focus on the fundamentals such as faceoffs, positioning, puck possession and the game becomes very easy because most guys are clueless when it comes to fundamental hockey in roller. Make the game hard for the other team. When they leave the rink they have a bruise or 2, a sore hip, an aching shoulder, the next time they play you they'll remember who you are and go even further into their shells. Why? Because you made the game unfun.
it depends on the competition

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote