Thread: Signing
View Single Post
Old
08-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Well Trotz was always throwing those guys into scoring roles. My hope was that we could take some combined salaries and roll them into a legitimate scorer. My fear was that Fiddler would be on the 2nd line forever, and then he left. My new fear is that we are going to relive the same story with new characters, that is all Im trying to say here.

With those guys gone, we still have any combo of Jones, Ward, Oreilly, Santorelli, Belak, TooToo, and Smithson. Im not denying that depth is good. We needed to sign a guy or few, but was it our chief need or concern really?

I apologize for beating the dead horse, Im as sick of talking about this as everybody else is here. But really, what else do we have to talk about right now, the record is skipping here, another season of struggling for the 8 spot is dawning.
I understand where you are coming from and I'm not saying that you are wrong or anything. I do think that a few of these signings had to be made, because we do need some PK players, and we don't have a ton of options ready right now. So I think a few of these signings are good. Now, if Trotz tries to use the guys in positions that they aren't made for (like he's done in the past), that is another issue.

The good thing is, these guys are on two-ways and are cheaper. Hopefully that money that we save on all of them can go towards someone, although I am doubtful.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote