View Single Post
Old
08-24-2009, 08:49 PM
FruityPants3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Call me a believer, but I think you're going to see a huge breakout year from Alex Edler this year. This team got burned in the Chicago series, but they've proven over many games they can put together solid enough defensive play to win; especially with Luongo in net. It would be nice to upgrade the foot speed back there, but it isn't always a viable option. I think we can win with the blue liners we have now; especially if we see some significant improvement from within. I think we're one guy away from having a nice blue line.

I suspect I may also be a bit higher on Nycholat then most people. He played some good games for us prior to getting claimed on waivers, and I think he has NHL upside. Like an ultra-cheap Krajicek.
I agree on Edler. I think it may end up being a situation where we survive the regular season but matchup very poorly against some of the offensive teams in the playoffs. Perhaps the plan is to look for an young defensive upgrade in the middle of the season, preferably with Corey's value (positively) defined.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote