View Single Post
Old
08-25-2009, 01:13 AM
alternate

vCash: 500
like mentioned, we're still very much the opposite of fleet of foot on the back end if Schneider is added. he brings plenty to the table, and he would be a nice slight improvement over Ohlund, but Ohund's roster spot is where I really saw an opening to improve our overall quickness on defence. that would be the only thing I would be disappointed about if he signed.

and if he does, I agree Gillis needs to make a trade for a #7 with quick feet. Someone to platoon with SOB on the 3rd pairing depending on match-up. Krajicek is one name that keeps coming up who should be cheap to pick up who I'd be okay with. I'd prefer a young on-the-cusper, but if another team drives the price too high for prospect's A, B, and C, then Krajicek for a mid-round pick would be a good depth acquisition. I always thought the comparisons to Hedican were apt, and felt he played an underrated positional game defensively.

Mitchell-Salo
Edler-Bieksa
Schneider-SOB/Krajicek

solid, but not over-whelming. but you don't need over-whelming from your D if you get it from your goaltending.

for PP I put both Schneider and Salo with the twins. Two big shots facing Henrik on the side-wall.

Samuelson-Henrik-Daniel
Salo-Schnieder

then 2nd unit you've still got Edler's big bomb paired with a 40 point RHer.

Bernier-Kesler-Demitra
Bieksa-Edler

PP should make up for some of the goals against due to our lack of foot speed on the blueline.

bottom line, no question we're a better team with Schneider on it than off it.

alternate is offline   Reply With Quote