Thread: Slovakia: Preseason in Russia (Skalice)
View Single Post
Old
08-25-2009, 08:44 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Nice job by Skalice beating Salavat and now Neftekhimik...players really want to impress Russian teams and may be sign up somewhere in the KHL.
Yes, Skalica is really putting up some nice performances over there, especially without their "king". Quite interesting since before the two games in Russia I think they won only one game (even about that Iīm not sure) without Palffy playing and that was against Slovak and Czech Extraliga and Czech-1 teams.

However Iīd personally say that there are very few Skalica players that are KHL material based on individual skill level. As their coach Faith said yesterday Skalicaīs team is pretty much a bunch of local players a lot of whom have been playing together since they were little kids and a few "foreign" players to add to that playing as a team.

One thing I noticed from the streams of the games, it seemed to me that Skalica was better in the speacial teams situations than the Russian teams, they could make a good use of their powerplays and managed to defend in the PK despite the high number of penalties they took. Maybe there is a bigger emphasis on the special team plays in practise over here...? Though I dunno, thatīs only what my impression from the two games were....

But anyway, I do like how Skalica is improving in this tourney every year, from 5 losses in 2007 to a regular time tie with Traktor and SO win over Spartak in 2008 and they might as well actually win the tourney this year if they at least tie Lada tomorrow....

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote