View Single Post
Old
08-25-2009, 09:46 AM
hashmarks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
Again, I'm not sure what your point here is. We've been through all this before and we clearly disagree. You have a personal relationship of some sort with Hitchcock which either makes you more reliable than me because you have more information, or less reliable than me because of your bias. Or both. You accomplish nothing by trying to convince of how wrong I am in any case.
Just pointing out that you have no rational or logical reason to dislike him...you just dislike him because you want to, that's all. There is nothing personal about the reality of his coaching record, it speaks for itself yet you chose to ignore it for personal reasons and decide that you are somehow unsure of him. YOU have made it personal, not me.

Quote:
You accomplish even less by being so insulting about it.
You feeling insulted? I wonder if that has anything to do with your PURELY emotional and illogical reasons for disliking Hitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimayo View Post
I meant in the dressing room. He's a hardass coach(not neccessarily a bad thing, but it's still dicky).
He is certainly demanding, but he is fair regarding what is best for the team as a whole. I am not sure if you notice, one of the few demanding coaches who doesn't throw his players under the bus in the media.

I just don't think you can really make changes or push players and get the most out of them while being a players' coach. It only works for a short time.

Hitch maintains great relationships with a lot of his former players. Sooner or later they realize that he was the way he was for their benefit and the greater good of the team.

Last edited by hashmarks: 08-25-2009 at 10:08 AM.
hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote