View Single Post
Old
08-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
You blame HItch for Zherdev being traded...that isn't irrational? (by the way, Zherdev is an unsigned player--seems like he doesn't really fit on ANY NHL TEAM)
The fact that he's not on a NHL team has nothing to do with whether he should've been traded last year. This is the only part of your post that makes any sense, but it's disqualified by the fact that I openly admit a certain amount of irrationality on this particular topic. I like Zherdev as a player more than I like Hitch as a coach, regardless of how high maintenance he is.

Quote:
You 'worry' about him as a coach...that isn't illogical? (considering you can just look at his coaching record and how the team has changed/improved with him behind the bench).

You think he is on the cusp of the 'losing the team'...paying no regard as to how hard the team plays with him behind the bench...that is rational?
His track record is pretty clear. Lack of logic does not apply here. History speaks clearly enough on this topic to give rise to those who would be skeptical (me).

Quote:
You claim that because he has been fired twice that he isn't a very good coach--that is reasonable?
That's not at all what I said. Please read my original response and feel free to take issue with what I actually said.

Quote:
Please give me something definitive and reasonable as to why you would 'worry' about him as a coach and we might be able to have a discussion. Claiming that you don't think his expectations are realistic is fine, but please provide a sample of what you feel his expectations are. You haven't done anything within the thread to convince anyone that you are doing anything but talking out of...well..you know...

Until then, I stand by my assessment as you just don't like him because you don't want to. Plain and simple. Like I said before. It is fine--people chose to grab onto illogical and irrational thinking all the time.

I would kindly ask you to address what has been directed to you within the context of the thread and stop trying to turn it personal. If you don't like what I am saying about your arguments, please provide something substantial in return.

You are the one who has attempted to make a 'personal relationship' with Hitchcock matter in this thread. It simply doesn't. There is nothing personal about his coaching record. If you are a fan of the jackets and are happy to see them seemingly turn the corner, one should be happy that he is at the helm and be able to recognize all that he brings.
If you had asked me if I want to like him, I would have said "No". I don't want to like Hitchcock because I think his impact on the team has been a net positive short term, but I think the direction he has in mind is potentially dangerous. But you didn't ask me that question. All you've done is continue to insult me and dismiss my concerns.

I'm not trying to say that your personal relationship with Hitchcock matters any more or less than my personal concerns about Hitchcock, I'm just saying it matters in the context of what you have to say about him. You're not objective, that's all. Or do you believe that you are?

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote