Old
08-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
His track record is pretty clear. Lack of logic does not apply here. History speaks clearly enough on this topic to give rise to those who would be skeptical (me).
I kind of think it's pretty clearly in his favor, myself. It's not as though there's lots and lots of coaches out there who've won Stanley Cups, and have gotten teams with a decidedly low amount of talent to overperform.

Early on in the season, when folks weren't yet meshing well, there were rumors going around about how Hitch had potentially "lost the team"; that there was a rumor that this had happened in Dallas and that's why he'd been removed, and an assumption was made that this was also true of Philadelphia. In time, as the wins started rolling in, most people were able to set this time of Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt aside. I'm not sure if you ever have, and I can't for the life of me imagine why.

(Well, okay, I can come up with some reasons, but I'm trying to be nice and give the benefit of the doubt. )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote