View Single Post
Old
08-25-2009, 05:58 PM
hashmarks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I kind of think it's pretty clearly in his favor, myself. It's not as though there's lots and lots of coaches out there who've won Stanley Cups, and have gotten teams with a decidedly low amount of talent to overperform.

Early on in the season, when folks weren't yet meshing well, there were rumors going around about how Hitch had potentially "lost the team"; that there was a rumor that this had happened in Dallas and that's why he'd been removed, and an assumption was made that this was also true of Philadelphia. In time, as the wins started rolling in, most people were able to set this time of Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt aside. I'm not sure if you ever have, and I can't for the life of me imagine why.

(Well, okay, I can come up with some reasons, but I'm trying to be nice and give the benefit of the doubt. )
The 'lost the room' thing are words the media uses when they don't really know what is going on, but have to come up with something and people seem content on accepting that as fact.

It is especially comical in philly...apparently he lost the room after 8 games and a larger roster turnover than the jackets experienced last year.

Apparently John Stevens came in and lost the room too, as that team plummeted firmly into last place and never recovered.

Leadership changed at the player level, GM level and hence coaching level both times Hitch was let go. It happens.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote