View Single Post
Old
08-26-2009, 02:20 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Yes. Perhaps you should alert the worldwide hockey media of your "no more Niki interviews" position. It seems to be laboring under the misconception that people want to hear what he has to say.
Come on DSL, I didn't say anything about the worldwide hockey media. Nikki is quite capable of saying "No comment" or "I'm looking forward to camp and earning my spot". Of course they want to talk to him.

He either has no understanding of how people would receive his comments or he did. If he didn't, he needs a PR guy to teach him what to say to the media.

When you are dealing with something as touchy as honoring your ELC if you end up in the AHL, you are better off not commenting unless you response is "I will honor my contract, no matter where I am playing".

All I am getting out of this is "I want to play in the NHL, as long as the road to get there isn't hard or long." Now having said that, I think it's fair to say that he seems to be willing to play whatever role they give him. Initially. I also think he's quite willing to work as hard or harder then anyone on the team. And I still believe the NHL is where he wants to be.

I'll say it again, I think he's cocky and confident to the point of a feeling of entitlement. He seems to have the skill to back it up. But as some of might have learned with Zherdev, there is more to staying in the NHL then just having skill.

Last edited by blahblah: 08-26-2009 at 02:27 PM.
blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote