View Single Post
Old
08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
how do you feel about Andrew Ference. 1.5 mil solid veteran starter. i think boston could be looking to move ference and kobasew to make room for kessel and then signing or trading for a 6th d-man making 1mil or less. i understand you guys dont think you have much room under your self imposed cap but can something get done here?
The problem with adding Ference to our roster is that it will probably reduce the ice time of our younger guys, and they will never develop. If we do add another vet dman, it will probably be a #6 or #7 guy that we can scratch often, but will still provide veteran leadership. Ference is too good to be scratched. Plus, we could save a million bucks by signing someone for league minimum.

It's an intriguing offer though, and if we didn't have so many prospects looking to make the big team this year, I would probably do it.

worstfaceoffmanever came up with a trade of Dan Hamhuis for Kobasew and Ference which would give you a good upgrade on defence, but only gives you about 1.7M in cap savings. That would probably work better for us.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote