View Single Post
Old
08-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
With the exceptions of Ehrhoff the Sharks didn't lose that many critical pieces. They still have an above-average defense, excellent starting goalie and terrific weapons. Yes they had a big let down in the playoffs but that was six games. They were still the best team during the regular season and I don't see why they won't be again. They underestimated their opponent in the playoffs and paid for it. In my opinion they lost to the second best team in the West last April, they just happened to have a record that seemed otherwise. Plus a bigger move is coming. Be it Heatley or someone else but Wilson isn't about to clear that kind of space to make room for a rookie or two. Something big is coming San Jose's way and it'll make them stronger.

Having said that I think we have a great shot as long as we're healthy. I'd put our top-6 up and goaltending up against anybody. Our defense may not be quite as good minus Pronger but it'll still be plenty solid. My money is San Jose wins the division again but we'll give them hell all the way to the end. But I like our chances better in the playoffs.
Didn't the Sharks need to clear quite a bit of cap space to get under the cap? It seemed like many people were under the impression the Sharks had to dump salary somewhere just to be able to fill out their roster.

I agree that I think the Sharks aren't done. Something big may happen in San Jose, but the salary going back will be pretty similar to the one coming back.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote