View Single Post
Old
08-30-2009, 04:30 PM
krax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Actually, looking at that video, It looks to me like the slappers are considerably less powerful and accurate. Wristers do look pretty similar in power, but much less accurate with the 140 flex stick- and yes, that's probably about what it is after cutting it down a foot.

Just because it goes into the neighbor's garden does not mean it's a stronger shot. It does mean that it's not as accurate.

Both of those are still too stiff for him though. He's not getting much flex on either with the wrister. To get a better idea of him with proper flex, have him try out an intermediate stick, or even go down to a junior.
The mission is an intermediate stick (flex 75). Kind of high-end junior stick. Junior does not like flex 50/60 sticks.
The 102 is an inch longer and he has shot 15 times with it (the shots in the video included). He'll test the Bauer for a practice on ice tomorrow.

I was very reluctant when he came home with the adult stick and asked me to cut it down for him. Never thought that he would be able to get a slap-shot off the blue line to the middle of the net. But he did on his first try. I deduced that flex has less influence than I thought.

I'll admit that a 10y/o is probably not really representive, but still, junior says "no difference in flex...".

I'll have to observe a little more...

k.

krax is offline   Reply With Quote