View Single Post
08-30-2009, 05:55 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver
Curious where you see him fitting in a bottom-6 role? There isn't a ton on him but he seems offensive more than defensive. So just curious if you've read different.
Kyle McMahon described him as fiery last time, and his PIM totals seem to substantiate that. I was looking at his career at the SIHR site and he was never a big scorer. The Winnipeg Senior league was, at best, the 3rd/4th best league at the time, and he never led that league; there were always between 2 and 8 guys ahead of him. He had 38 points in 37 WSrHL games. Bain, by comparison, put up 73 in 27 and led the league multiple times. So I don't see him as a scoring threat at the AAA level, but I would value his fire and big-game experience.

I was just going to take them. Nice pick, probably the best LW available (LW seems to be the shallowest position)

Toledo selects LW Ray Whitney
Yeah, just about. He's one of those modern, active forwards who I would never get the chance to take because someone else will always take them about 100-200 picks before I would. (see Steve Sullivan) - but, he was getting very close to the top of my list. He's been top-10 in goals and assists once each (separate seasons) and top-20 in each one more time. And And LW is a shallow position. 8 60-point seasons, 5 of them in the dead puck era. Six seasons with 70+ adjusted points. Tom Lysiak, by comparison, has two.

Aside from Riley (who was taken before) and Mickoski (who I just took), I only see a LW/RW and a C/LW who I'd have taken before Whitney.

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote