Thread: Line Combos: What if Lisin surprises?
View Single Post
Old
08-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Higgins - Dubinsky - Gaborik
Prospal - Drury - Kotalik
Lisin - Anisimov - Callahan
Avery - Boyle - Brashear
Good lines, but I think Anisimov would benefit more then anything else from having players who are strong along the boards on his wing. His strength is his speed in open ice. He can not collect a puck under pressure in his own ice and sig-sag with it up ice, or thats not his strengths. A player like that, and don't take it as a knock on him its the same with a Sundin or LeCavalier, is better to feed by moving pucks up the boards to wingers who can protect it there and then feed Anisimov in the neutralzone.

Thoose who saw him in HFD knows what I am talking about. I don't know who he played with all year but its a classic enivorment for him that Gernander put him in when he had him with 2 PF's in Brodie Dupont and Weise. Torts played LeCav with 240 lbs Freddy Modin in Tampa a lot.

Dubinsky also does not hurt from having prescense on his wing.

So with that in mind -- I can't see Sean Avery not playing with either Anisimov or Dubinsky. Avery would open up ice for thooes two, and both of them needs it.

For example;
Prospal-Dubinsky-Gabby
Higgins-Drury-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Kotalik

Lisin with Drury makes sense IMO though. But who is dumped on the 4th line then? Prospal? Anisimov? Callahan? It will be tough for Lisin to make the top 9, while I do think he have a shot at pushing down Anisimov.

Like;
Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
Lisin-Drury-Callahan
Avery-Dubinsky-Kotalik

A lot can happend, its very hard to tell how things will play out.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote