Thread: Line Combos: What if Lisin surprises?
View Single Post
Old
08-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
weve had our share of josef balejs, and the whole brendl/lundmark thing. heck, even kovalev never found his game until he left ny.

but lately i feel alot better about our kids and i am of the opinion that enver lisin is too talented to fail if used properly.

and i just gotta laugh honestly about the whole gretzky thing.

i mean come on, wayne was, on many occasions throughout his amazing career, the mother of all "cherry pickers" and no one would ever confuse wayne with a true 2 way player. not even close.

all this talk about lisin being one dimensional and all. wasnt the great one fairly one dimensional.
This is exactly what worries me more. Shouldnt Gretzky be able to relate with a player like this if hes so exceptional from an offensive standpoint as you say? Im not saying Gretzky is a great, or even good coach, but the greatest hockey player that ever lived would certainly play a player that "too talented to fail" for more than 48 games. Then hes jettisoned to New York for Lauri Korpikoski?? Phoenix sucks, but you have guys that know hockey over there, and it seems unlikely they'd just give up on a guy with as much talent as you say. Theres more than meets the eye (or youtube clips) here.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote