View Single Post
Old
08-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Honestly, you'd think that if the hardliners in the NHLPA (if that's who is behind this) would have learned that cohesion in the NHLPA during a lockout isn't something to hang a hat on... PuckDaddy is right to note that if that was the direction they wanted, why let Goodenow leave?
From PD:

Quote:
I haven't spoken to any players lately about the CBA and the players association, but the topic has come up several times this summer in conversations with their agents. To a man, they say the same thing: There's a war coming again in NHL labor negotiations. Long-term contracts, international play, player input into League decisions like expansion and relocation, and the players' slice of the pie in general.

Their perception is that the NHLPA as currently constituted is ill-prepared for the fight while the NHL is scratching at the walls in preparation for it. Whether that's accurate or not, I can't say for certain; although firing your executive director at 3 a.m. before he's even had the chance to negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement doesn't speak to stability.

As for the Lindros factor? I guess he was pissed off that Kelly sent him packing. This smells more like a revenge firing than anything of any substance. I personally have NO IDEA why Lindros's dad is also involved. He was his son's agent throughout Eric's career. I think they've just made the NHLPA the laughing stock of pro sports.

Fugu is offline   Reply With Quote