Thread: Line Combos: What if Lisin surprises?
View Single Post
Old
08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
For me Lisin is a lock. You guys might not have seen him play and can't say... or say hes "on the bubble" but he might be the 2nd most talented offensive player on the team. And thats a lot for me to say.

If you ask phoenix fans, they say that he was used wrong, played on the 3rd line, or just not used at all. Shunned for questionable/no reason.

I'm not saying this guy is a 40 goal scorer, but if he finds himself on the top 2 lines, 20 is not out of the question at all. And I suggest we don't put him on a line with gaborik. They both have the same style which might conflict a bit seeing as they both might want to hold onto the puck.

Also I know Drury has been slated in at center but Prospal also plays decently at center so I could see something like this...

Callahan - Prospal - Gaborik
Drury - Dubinsky - Lisin
Kotalik - Anisimov - Higgins

Did you notice something... No Avery :/ Not to say thats what I think the lines will be, but they might end up like that, I'm just mentioning a chance. Someone is gonna get screwed Petr Prucha style this season and it's going to be dirty because chances are they will probably be a good player, but just one we can't utilize as well as we would like to because our offensive forward depth. Although with Tort's amount of on ice activity, we might have a few players wear out and in the end it will be fine.
Callahan is a RW, Kotalik is a RW, Higgins is a LW

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote