View Single Post
Old
09-01-2009, 01:56 PM
topheavyhookjaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
you'd rather have Mike Brown over who?

our 4th line wingers/extra forwards, right now are Hordichuk, Rypien, and Hansen... Bolduc is likely the top call-up for a 4th line role... Desbiens has just signed and could also fill that 4th line call-up role.

Where does Brown fit there? Who do you get rid of give Mike Brown a spot (who's waiver eligible now and would end up having to stay on the roster)?

McIver can slide into the bottom depth spots on defense, and even if we lose him on waivers after camp, it's not a big deal.

But I don't see anyone on our 4th line/extra forwards/top call-ups, that I'd replace in the depth rotation for Mike Brown. Good for him that he's doing well in Anaheim... he just wasn't a fit though on this team.
Thats fine, as far as a moose guy/emergency call up, I'd rather have Brown over McIver. It's the same situation if we lose him on waivers no big deal, but we lost McIver on waivers once, then traded Brown to get him back, now we've added lots of d-depth and re-signed him.

I'm not saying he needs to replace anyone, but we lost 3(?) Moose vets last year, Krog, Cullen, Jaffray and having a guy with some NHL experience there wouldn't hurt. Plus if Hordichuk or Rypien is down with an injury there aren't a lot of guys on the Moose with any toughness to fill that spot, particularly Hordichuk. Stashing a 4th liner/goon in the AHL in case of injury is useful, and as you said, lose him to waivers its no big deal.

topheavyhookjaw is offline   Reply With Quote