Old
09-01-2009, 03:06 PM
lextune
I'm too old for this

vCash: 500
Flailing and Failing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
What part of part don't you understand. I clearly wrote part of the responsibility NOT ALL. That being said we were discussing the 1956-60 era. Different defensive schemes, tactics and responsibilities.

Remember how in the sixties Claude Provost a RW used to cover Bobby Hull a LW.Provost is rather famous for his efforts. Well if you can reason it thru then Bobby Hull a LW was responsible for covering Claude Provost a RW. Rather elementary and basic hockey.

Yes I did coach.
Having a winger cover an opposing winger is in no part part of a 'normal' (certainly not an Art Ross winning) wingers responsibility.

Comparing the likes of a checking, shadowing at times (i.e - Hull), winger like Provost to Moore is laughable.

If you really think that ANY part of Moore's defensive responsibility (such as it was), was covering opposing right wingers you are beyond help. That type of extreme defensive realigning is a hyper-speciality that can ONLY be called shadowing. He did what scoring wingers always do. Covered his point man and tried to give his center and/or d-men a target to pass to out of the zone.

Last edited by lextune: 09-01-2009 at 03:11 PM.
lextune is offline   Reply With Quote