Thread: Örebro HK
View Single Post
Old
09-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Ribban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i wonder why he was cut in ingolstadt. not good enough for the DEL is not really a good sign.
Don't you think that's partially because people are watching their buck a little closer these days?

I mean, if he is good enough to take them to the promised land, then pay him whatever, right? But, if he is "only" good enough to be the difference between 4th and 7th, I'd probably let some promising youngster have the ice time for a lesser buck, and wait until times are looking a bit brighter before hiring "high ticket" foreigners, who may or may not be worth the bill.

Which leads me into something else, a bit off topic, however, for Örebro's sake thought provoking.

We seem to have a rather large amount of "quality" household names out there without contracts for the moment. The SEL teams are all set pretty much, so where do these guys go play?

Are these names around because they have been seriously over rated in the past and nobody is interested in paying for their inflated egos these days, or are they staying at home a' la Conny Strömberg becasue the continental contracts aren't worth sacrificing their time with their families anymore?

In any scenario, from the cheap seats, where I am, it seems like there is a golden opportunity for a bunch of AS teams to tie up some big names at a decent penny and generate some local buzz to put some fans in the stands for 09/10.

Is my compass way off reasoning like this?

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote