Thread: Írebro HK
View Single Post
Old
09-02-2009, 06:10 AM
zecke26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Don't you think that's partially because people are watching their buck a little closer these days?

I mean, if he is good enough to take them to the promised land, then pay him whatever, right? But, if he is "only" good enough to be the difference between 4th and 7th, I'd probably let some promising youngster have the ice time for a lesser buck, and wait until times are looking a bit brighter before hiring "high ticket" foreigners, who may or may not be worth the bill.
oh yeah, sure. with "not good enough for the DEL" i meant "not good enough as foreigner". since the foreigner spots are limited, teams expect them to make a difference. you don't need bottom line foreigners.

Quote:
Is my compass way off reasoning like this?
nope. i think the idea is right. we will see many more bigger names in lower leagues soon. a lot of players who are still without a contract will have to take huge paycuts. and somehow playing 1st line in allsvenskan isn't that bad. is it me or is the level of the allsvenskan much higher these days than a few years ago? lots of talented prospects and good vets.

btw: how is the TV situation? i saw that two PPV channels show the allsvenskan. both of course only available in sweden.
are there any games in free TV every once in a while? something i can hope to be streamed?

and does s24 really wants 79,- per game??? i would love to see the total destruction of bofors on day 1, but that's way too expensive.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote