Thread: Speculation: Stalberg Prediction
View Single Post
Old
09-02-2009, 11:09 PM
russmatuss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Stalberg isn't a sniper, just like Hanson isn't a sniper. Agree or disagree, ask around.
The actual quote was 'Stalberg is not a sniper, plain and simple. In the same way I know Hanson is not a sniper, and Ponikarovsky is not a sniper.' Madic was just using Hanson as an example. He's since explained this clearly as you misread what he said:

Quote:
Interestingly enough I was making an entirely different point. My point was I know Stalberg is not a sniper in the same way I know Hanson is not a sniper: I have watched them play and own a brain.
He could change the name Hanson to anyone on the Leafs who isn't a sniper and the statement would still hold true. He was saying that he knows that Stalberg isn't a sniper because he's seen him play with his own eyes. He also knows that Hanson (or Poni, or Mitchell, or Stajan etc.) isn't a sniper because he's seen them play with his own eyes. Never did he compare Stalberg to Hanson (unless you count saying that neither are snipers) or say that they have similar skill levels.

EDIT: I see Madic has just addressed this while I was typing.

russmatuss is offline   Reply With Quote