View Single Post
Old
09-03-2009, 08:43 AM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Thanks.

I haven't seen him play. I just think his AHL numbers haven't looked all that bad. (In addition to 20 goals last season, and 40 some points the year before, he's been plus on the plus/minus both years) The reason I was thinking enforcer was it was something extra if he otherwise was close but marginal.

I also was turning around in my head whether an enforcer spot was better as a forward, so you still could have quality defenders on the ice. Rather than roll out a defender/enforcer and the other team scores a quick one before he can bop somebody...

Plus, we still seem short on big guys to park in front of the net when the opposition indicates that could be useful. So I was wondering if he could be that nice combination of a fighter who can also play.

One friend of his made a post where he said a broken ankle at the end of the Dartmouth career set him way back, as he wasn't fully recovered when he went pro and was outmatched and lost confidence.

One sad note. I saw where his mother died in some sort of hiking accident in July, when the family was in Scotland on vacation. She was only 51. I wish him well, it must be a tough time.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 09-03-2009 at 08:58 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote