View Single Post
Old
09-03-2009, 10:04 AM
cjerina

vCash: 500
Hopefully Admirals Short Shifts will chime in too, but here's my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
A few questions about Hugh Jessiman. How good of a fighter is he? I was wondering if we need a guy like Belak on the club, and if there's any chance Jessiman could be an upgrade? Some say he's a good fighter, others say he gets cleaned too often. I say it doesn't matter. Fighters go out to fight and stop the crap. They don't have to win the majority of their bouts to accomplish this, although it's a bonus.
Hugh isn't afraid to drop the gloves, but rarely does he seem to fight a team's known enforcer (typically because he doesnt play 4th line minutes). He can hold is own most of the time though.

Quote:
I read some stuff by Rangers fans written last summer. One guy said the Rangers had just started to coach him to play only north south and to protect his teammates.
Hugh is too slow IMO to be able to do much more than N/S play. He is definately not the stickhandling/playmaker type, but has a good shot if a teammate can get him the puck.

Quote:
I was wondering if he had a chance to help out more than Belak?
Doubtful, I'd hate to see him try to take on the people Wade has.

Quote:
Another Ranger poster thought Jessiman's work ethic hadn't been the best, but the previous season they had heard he had become more dedicated.
Can't comment on what he was like with Hartford/NY or at practice sessions, but he's one of a few players out on the ice before warmups shooting around getting some extra practice in.

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote