Thread: Eklund: Sundin to Kings-(e4)
View Single Post
Old
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Osprey, you make some good points, but the risk that concern Lombardi the most is what kind of effect Heatley's has on the young growing group of Kings players.
I hadn't seen the second quote; thanks. That's a good point. I don't think that it'd be enough to scare him away if the price is right, but the price would have to be really right, as JDM said.

It's curious, though, what Lombardi implied about Heatley there. It sounds like he might be labeling him as a problem in the locker room and someone who likes to be the center of attention, but most indications appear to be that his teammates like him and he's shy/reclusive (possibly one reason why LA is near the top of his list). It seems as though Lombardi's characterization doesn't quite fit and he may be jumping to the same conclusions of Heatley's behavior at the rink mirroring his behavior away of it that many fans do. Perhaps he just means that the risk is higher because of Heatley's off-ice behavior. I would agree with that and that the effect on the Kings' young players is a very valid concern. I just wonder, though, whether Lombardi and Hextall worry too much about the non-performance/lockerroom issues affecting the on-ice product; however, I can't really blame them for playing it safe at such an important point in the rebuild.

Last edited by Osprey: 09-03-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote