View Single Post
Old
09-04-2009, 01:17 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
And Nash got how much more than Brass is?

I guess you would have rather we waited, had him put up 60-80 points and paid him $5m per year?
If he's scoring 60-80 points a year -- in a full year -- I could absolutely live with a deal like that.

But if we're going to play the what if game, what if he's only capable of playing half seasons and by that I mean he either gets hurt or he doesn't have the stamina for 82 good NHL games. How awesome is the deal then? Not very, I say.

I understand the risk-reward prospect of this deal and completely acknowledge that Brass is talented enough to make every penny worth it and make Howson look like a genius (and certainly hope that will be the case), but what I'm also mentioning is the fact that we haven't seen Brassard play more than 30 good NHL games.

To go back to your Bolland comparison, he's played 120 games. That's a pretty good sample.
Brassard has played 48 games (including a lackluster 17 in his first season). Not as good a sample.

This isn't the worst gamble in the world by any means. I get it. But there is a definite and obvious down side to it too.

I'm simply saying, for me, the jury is still out on this one.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote