View Single Post
Old
09-05-2009, 02:20 AM
hashmarks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
Mannnnn I really don't want Voracek stuck on the third line playing defensive first hockey. He is a top end talent and needs to play in a scoring role so Voracek and Filatov both should not be on the third fricken line if anything that should be a spot taken by Umberger. If Voracek and Filatov don't play on the same line together I'd like to see Voracek moved up with Nash and Brass given Filatov makes it on the 2nd line (or I'd want Voracek on the 2nd line) and Filatov to play with Vermette and Huselieus or on the 4th line with PP time.
So you move Voracek up with Nash and Brass and you have a 2nd line of Huselius, Filatov and Vermette? That line would get killed.

Huselius-Brass-Nash
RJ-Vermette-Filatov/Voracek
Modin-Pahlsson-Chimmer
Torres-Dorsett-Boll/Filatov

Murray
Picard

This is the way I see it going for a bit anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthosrgn2 View Post
Agreed. So are you thinking he (Filatov) starts on the second or fourth line
I don't really know what line number he will start on, it will be more about who he is playing against and the matchups. He will get 5 on 5 time and 2nd unit pp time for sure. If we knew exactly how well he was going to do vs. other teams better players, then it would be easier to define our lines, but we don't.

We have more skill on our team than ever before, but we are very young and there are a lot of question marks to be worked out.

It is a good thing Hitch is one of the best at in game adjustments because we will need him to react if/when guys are getting overwhelmed.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote