View Single Post
Old
09-05-2009, 04:35 AM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I think Alex is a good player and he can play in a higher line than the fourth. I would like to see the roster:

Huselius - Brassard - Nash
Filatov - Vermette - Voráček
Picard - Pahlsson - Umberger
Torres - Murray - Dorsett
Boll

and Modin with Chimera trade.
I think this is a little idealistic. I think we're stuck with Modin. He has a NTC, and I don't think anyone is going to pick up a player making over three million, injury prone and scoring ten goals.

Chimera I can see being moved if we have any takers. Perhaps Chimera with player X post-camp. However, I think Chimera can contribute more than for that which he's given credit. He played great at the beginning of the season last year until he had uncharacteristic injuries which were falsely diagnosed. If he comes back and plays the year like he started out last season, then I think he could break twenty goals.

And with Torres allegedly having a fantastic camp and supposedly supposed to increase his preformance over last due to injury recovery, I would highly doubt that Picard gets the nod over him unless Picard takes his scoring touch to this year and it translates to the NHL. I like Picard, but I find all that unlikely. Maybe he'll eventually steal a spot after a call-up when inevitable injuries occur.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote