View Single Post
Old
09-05-2009, 09:35 AM
orthosrgn2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
I think this is a little idealistic. I think we're stuck with Modin. He has a NTC, and I don't think anyone is going to pick up a player making over three million, injury prone and scoring ten goals.

Chimera I can see being moved if we have any takers. Perhaps Chimera with player X post-camp. However, I think Chimera can contribute more than for that which he's given credit. He played great at the beginning of the season last year until he had uncharacteristic injuries which were falsely diagnosed. If he comes back and plays the year like he started out last season, then I think he could break twenty goals.

And with Torres allegedly having a fantastic camp and supposedly supposed to increase his preformance over last due to injury recovery, I would highly doubt that Picard gets the nod over him unless Picard takes his scoring touch to this year and it translates to the NHL. I like Picard, but I find all that unlikely. Maybe he'll eventually steal a spot after a call-up when inevitable injuries occur.
Modin and Chimera cost us about 5 mil and to not play them would be financially detrimental. I think Picard becomes the odd man out if only because of his salary and his ability to play in the 'Cuse. He will be a needed first callup though. Chimera may still have some trade value before the season, but it might be a third line d man or a pick. Howson's options with Modin are to buy him out (too expensive), ride him until injury occurs or he pleasantly surprises at which time he may be an asset to our team as a contributor or serve as a deadline trade should we decide to acquire more in February.

orthosrgn2 is offline   Reply With Quote