View Single Post
Old
09-05-2009, 11:17 AM
ugotmybeef*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafanatic13 View Post
I think Naslund was kept because he had great chemistry with Bertuzzi and Morrison. The Anaheim kids (I assume you're referring to Getzlaf and Perry) were kept because they fit his mold perfectly. I do think he'll keep Schenn, J. Mitchell and some others who fit the mold. But like I said I highly doubt that the top two lines will be a combination of Grabovski, Tlusty, Kulemin, Hagman, Ponikarovski and Stajan.
Grabo, Tlusty, Kulemin have more chance to stay than Hagman, Ponikorovsky, or Stajan. Grabs wasn't resigned just to be traded. When Burke had Naslund, he wasn't the player he was pre-lockout. Just starting his career. It's still a rebuild, he's going to give the kids the chance to become top 6 forwards. Heck, when then NHL resumed in 2005-2006, Burke had a line-up full of question marks in terms of offence. Lupul was unproven, McDonald was unproven, Getzlaf, Perry, Penner were all just kids. He got rid of Sykora, Ozolinzh, and Federov. Selanne was the only established scorer on the team along with Neidemeyer. He gaves the kids the chance to assume those roles. Hagman can be a 3rd line player that gives Burke what he's looking for. The lineup for the top 6 forwards you have right now, wont' be the one in the future. I guarantee you that. 3/6 won't assume those roles.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote