vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Forwards:
Tlusty - Savard - _______
Grabovski - Kadri - Kulemin
Stalberg - Bozak - ______
D. Mitchell - J. Mitchell - Orr
I guess we'd just have to agree to disagree then because in my opinion there is ZERO chance that's our lineup in 3-4 years. That team does not look like a Burke team, it's too soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef
Grabs wasn't resigned just to be traded.
He was resigned because he was an RFA that we weren't going to just let walk. Just because he was extended a contract doesn't make him untradeable. If Burke had the chance to trade him for a tougher more rugged player it'd be done in a heart beat IMAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef
Lupul was unproven, McDonald was unproven, Getzlaf, Perry, Penner were all just kids. He got rid of Sykora, Ozolinzh, and Federov. Selanne was the only established scorer on the team along with Neidemeyer. He gaves the kids the chance to assume those roles.
So what you're saying is he got rid of all the soft Europeans except the truly elite talent and gave the chance to a bunch of young, tough, north american kids. I'm not trying to say he's racist or prejudice, or that if the player isn't born in North America then Burke doesn't like him etc. I believe that a player needs to be an elite talent (tlusty, kulemin and grabo do not make that cut) or they need to be tough. It doesn't mean he gets rid of those guys for nothing because they don't fit his mold, but in my opinion it does mean he shops them and brings in young players who do fit his mold.

Last edited by MuchoMacho: 09-05-2009 at 01:31 PM.
MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote