View Single Post
Old
09-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Canad93

vCash: 500
Depending on when we win the Stanley Cup, I'd say the closest thing to sure bets are Schenn, Tlusty, Kulemin, Stajan, and White and Komisarek, and depending on how they pan out, Stalberg, Bozak, Stefanovich and Gustavsson.

Hagman and Ponikarovsky could be kept around as 3rd liners at this point, as I can't see them producing enough at that time to break the top 6. That is unless we encounter cap problems. Colton Orr will probably be there, and maybe Beauchemin. He seems like one of those defencemen who can play for a long time. Hopefully playing with a better, more physical defense will allow Kaberle to return to his potential and be a premier puck mover. If he can do that, I could see him staying, but if not I don't think he'll be around much longer.
I'm hoping that by that time Gunnarsson will have come over, I see some good potential in him. Oreskovic also seems to be a Burke type of player if we've got an opening on defence.

I forgot about Mitchell, he seems like a Burke player. Hard working, physical and he seems to have some offensive potential. I think we'd be smart to keep him around in the top 9.

Mikhail Grabovsky is a player who I believe has great potential, and may show to be a good top 6 talent, but depending on the makeup on our team, and if he is effective on the wing or not, I think there is a good chance he won't fit our lines or style and Burke will trade him. He might be something we get a pretty good return on. I'm not one of the people who thinks that he's gone for sure because of his style, but I think if Burke can get an equal provider in another form Grabovsky will definitely be gone. This is of course if Grabovsky doesn't improve his all around play and evolve as a player, which I do see within the realm of reality.

I can't see a number of players, Exelby, Van Ryn, Blake, Stempniak, Frogren being kept around by that time, and if they are, we won't be winning the Cup likely.

Last edited by Canad93: 09-05-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Canad93 is offline   Reply With Quote