View Single Post
Old
09-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
With the way the ownership and management group has been talking (recently as of the skate of the union), I think the team will shift more resources to prospect development and scouting. I could see the team sending a prospect team up in the future.
I think it is something that might actively be talked about and possibly happen again in the near future since our contract is up with Atlanta after this season and I think the rookie preseason games have thus far been a big success.

The organization really is pouring a lot of resources into prospect development and it has been paying off. One of the themes that was very noticeable in all of the interviews with the prospects this summer was how "first-rate", "top-notch", and "professional" their camp experience was. The wide range of topics and activities thrown at them is really a great mix and the size of the camp was noticeably larger this season than in the past few years.

With the addition of Gelinas to the organzation and Freeman and Poile talking about the "Predator Way" at the Skate of the Union address, I really think that the entire organization is being evaluated and improved upon daily. I've been very pleased with the direction of the franchise under the current ownership group and hope that it continues in the right direction.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote